Changing a car to Spanish plates
IMPORT A CAR IN SPAIN
Motorcycle Spanish Plates
IMPORT your CARAVAN IN SPAIN
It is forbidden to drive a foreign car once you become a resident in an European country, for example, Spain. But there may be other reasons you why you would like to get your Spanish car plates or import a car in Spain. If this is your case, you do not have to go to Tráfico in Malaga, only once to the ITV garage with us and pay the road taxes. We do the rest for you.
FIRST STEP – Please fill the form below to get a quotation
SECOND STEP – WHAT WILL WE NEED FROM YOU?
- Personal documents: ID-card or passport + NIE or Residence Certificate
- Vehicle documentation: Electronic ITV card (NIVE) or ITV card in paper format together with the diligencia de venta (sales contract, information about the final customer and the dealer selling the vehicle) or, failing this, invoice or notice of award if the vehicle is from an auction.
- If your car doesn’t have a valid ITV (MOT) or data sheet from your home country, we will need a “certificado de caracteristicas” or a “certificado de conformidad” – European homologation (Certificate of Conformity, CoC). Vehicles recently purchased may already have an European certificate/document that enables the car being technically homologized. However, if you purchased an older second hand car, it is possible that first of all, you will have to obtain new Spanish technical car documents. If so, please let us know (it costs around 100€).
WHAT FEES ARE INVOLVED?
- DGT Application fees around 100€
- ITV fees (if you do not have a valid Inspection Card) around 160€
- Import tax or “impuesto de matriculación”: there is a calculation based on different facts (please fill the form bellow to get a quotation);
- Plate fees (around 25€);
- Municipal vehicle tax (which is annual – between 50-120€) ;
- Our fees: please ask.