GET YOUR SPANISH CAR PLATES
IMPORT A CAR IN SPAIN
It is forbidden to drive a foreign car once you become a resident in an European country, for example, Spain. But there may be other reasons you why you would like to get your Spanish car plates or import a car in Spain. If this is your case, you do not have to go to Tráfico in Malaga, only once to the ITV garage with us and pay the road taxes. We do the rest for you.
WHAT WILL WE NEED FROM YOU?
FIRST STEP – Please fill the form below to get a quotation | SECOND STEP – We will need from you :
- Personal documents: ID-card or passport + NIE or Residence Certificate
- Vehicle documentation: Electronic ITV card (NIVE) or ITV card in paper format together with the diligencia de venta (sales contract, information about the final customer and the dealer selling the vehicle) or, failing this, invoice or notice of award if the vehicle is from an auction.
- If your car doesn’t have a valid ITV (MOT) or data sheet from your home country, we will need a “certificado de caracteristicas” or a “certificado de conformidad” – European homologation (Certificate of Conformity, CoC). Vehicles recently purchased may already have an European certificate/document that enables the car being technically homologized. However, if you purchased an older second hand car, it is possible that first of all, you will have to obtain new Spanish technical car documents. If so, please let us know (it costs around 100€).
- For British vehicles contact the DVLA in Swansea. Also some right hand vehicles cannot be imported (please check this with the ITV station).
- Receipt of road tax paid at your local town hall.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- Public fee of 96,80 Euros for cars, for motorcycles 25,80 Euros;
- ITV fees (if you do not have a valid Inspection Card) around 110€
- Import tax or “impuesto de matriculación” which will depend on the car, but it is supposed to be the highest/main fee. Please, NOTE: recent residents (up to 6 months) and cars with a polution under 120gr of Co2 are exempt from paying this tax;
- Plate fees (around 25€);
- Municipal vehicle tax (which is annual – between 50-120€) ;
- Our fees (around 175€ depending on the case).
These are guidelines only as the way of exchanging your European licence plates into Spanish ones may vary upon nationality and age of the vehicle. In some cases it may be more economical to sell your vehicle and buy an already Spanish registered car.
GET A QUOTE
Vehicle transfer in Malaga
Spanish Number Plate
Spanish Driving Licence
Fine, issue, communication
Importing a car into Spain