How To Get a Mot in Spain (ITV in Spain)
INFORMATION AND ADVICES ABOUT HOW TO GET A MOT IN SPAIN – ITV IN SPAIN
- What Documents do I Need to Take With Me For An ITV Test In Spain?
When you go to the I.T.V testing station you should exhibit certain records. These incorporate:
- Ficha Técnica – The specialised information sheet from the last ITV passed.
- Permiso de Circulación – Vehicles enrolment record.
- DNI/NIE/Passport (your identification)
- Last car’s insurance receipt of payment
You will likewise need the proper expense. Current rates can be found at http://www.veiasa.es/itv/tarifas
The test ought to likewise be done ten to fourteen days before the enlistment date, which can be found on the green Inspección Técnica Card. At the highest point of this card you will likewise discover the ‘vehicle type’. These are spoken to as Turismo (vehicle), Furgón (van) and one that individuals get befuddled by, which is ‘Mixto Adapta’ or ‘Vehículo Mixto Adaptable’ (7-seat autos, that in Spain are classed as vans).
- The amount Does an I.T.V Inspection Cost in Spain?
The expenses of booking an ITV test does differ and depends significantly on the vehicle you drive. The costs beneath are the most extreme and in Euros.
- Two wheel mopeds – Max €30.60
- Motorcycles (under 125cc) – €30.60
- Motorcycles (more than 125cc) – €42.19
- Cars Gasoline (under 1600cc),+ cross breed + crippled – €33.10
- Cars Gasoline (more than 1600cc),vans and campers – €43.34
- Cars Diesel (under 1600cc) + cross breed + crippled – €38.21
- Cars Diesel (more than 1600cc) – €48.44
- Public benefit vehicles for the vehicle of individuals – Gasoline (at least 10 seats) – €90.82
- Public benefit vehicles for the vehicle of individuals – Diesel (at least 10 seats) – €106.04
- Vehicles used to transport merchandise – Gasoline (MMA<3,500kg) – €47.18
- Vehicles used to transport merchandise – Diesel (MMA<3,500kg) – €52.29
- Vehicles used to transport merchandise Gasoline (MMa >3,500kg) – €42.55
- Vehicles used to transport merchandise Diesel (MMa >3,500kg) – €61.95
- Towed troops – (under 3,500kg) – €52.29
- Towed troops – (more than 3,500kg) – €61.95
- Agricultural vehicles – €35.18
- Special vehicles – €86.64
- To import a car (get Spanish car plates) €155
You can see every one of the rates at http://www.veiasa.es/itv/tarifas
- Where do I go to Get an I.T.V Inspection?
There are more than 50 Spanish I.T.V test focuses and stations in Andalusia alone, so there must be hundreds over the entire of Spain.
To discover your closest I.T.V Testing focus, visit http://www.veiasa.es/itv/red_de_estaciones
- Do I Have to Book an Appointment?
Fortunately, things have changed and you never again need to get to the testing focus at the beginning of the day and hold up in long lines. You are presently ready to make an arrangement and this has sped things up a lot. You can book your I.T.V Inspection online at http://www.itvcita.es
You can likewise book by means of phone with the number accessible on the site above.
- Spanish ITV Opening Times
Opening occasions do fluctuate exceptionally marginally relying upon which district you are in. Most ITV testing stations do commonly open decent and right on time from around 06:45 am in the first part of the day. They likewise have diminished hours at ends of the week and around the occasion time frames.
For explicit opening occasions in your locale, it would be ideal if you look at the accompanying page and tap on your area and closest testing station. http://www.veiasa.es/itv/red_de_estaciones
- What is Tested During a Spanish ITV Test?
Presently, really getting the test did, can be very overwhelming. In the event that you feel somewhat anxious about taking your vehicle yourself, you will discover numerous carports who will take it for you for a little fee.You simply drop your vehicle off at the carport and let them wrap up!
Dissimilar to in the UK, where you bring your vehicle into a M.O.T carport and abandon it for them to do the checks, in Spain you are approached to play out specific assignments all the while.
When you bring your vehicle documentation into the I.T.V Office and have paid your charge, you will be given a few records. These are to be passed onto the technician, who is holding on to begin the checks in another building.
You will at that point be approached to drive your vehicle through a few diverse check focuses.
The principal station check is for the most part for lights, wipers, indicators,hazards and safety belts and so forth, the second station is for wheel arrangement and the third station is for hand brakes and brakes and the fourth station is for exclusions and oil and so forth.
You will at that point be advised to leave your vehicle and return for the administrative work.
- What Happens if my Car Passes the Test?
In the event that your vehicle passes the investigation you will be given your test authentication and a little hued sticker that must be shown in the correct hand side of your windscreen. This demonstrates the month and year of when the following test is expected.
On the off chance that you neglect to show the sticker and get pulled up by the police, you will be fined on the spot and you will be given ten days to give evidence of finishing the test.
ITV stickers are otherwise called V-19 stickers and pivot in shading between green, yellow and red every year.
- What Happens if my Car Fails the ITV Test?
Ideally it won’t, however in the event that it fails, you will be given back your documentation and the test sheet with an elastic stamp showing the word ‘Disfavorable’ and with the purposes behind disappointment. These are not regularly talked about with you, so you may need to get out the Spanish/English word reference if your Spanish is insignificant.
You are then given one month to come back to the test focus with all disappointments settled.
In the event that you can complete them and profit for that day, you won’t be charged again and on the off chance that you come back with the flaws retouched inside 15 days you will typically be given a markdown on the past test cost. On the off chance that you neglect to return inside this period you will be charged the full test expense once more.
It is vital that you do come back to a test focus, as though you don’t they will advise the Department of Traffic that your vehicle is out and about without I.T.V. As such ‘illicitly!’
Note that from October 2017, you never again need to take the vehicle back for a re-test at the equivalent ITV station. You can utilize any ITV station for the retest.
Likewise take note of that if your ITV has lapsed, you should not drive the vehicle out and about, period. No exemption. Regardless of whether it is to get it to the ITV testing station. On the off chance that it has lapsed, you should get the vehicle to the testing station on the back of a grua truck.
- To what extent Can You Drive Your Vehicle For Once Your ITV Has Expired?
Numerous individuals falsly trust that you can drive for one month after your ITV has lapsed before being fined, yet this isn’t valid.
In the event that you check your ITV card/declaration, there will be a date stepped on the back. This is the due date that you can authoritatively drive the vehicle without being fined.
You can take a vehicle for an ITV test as long as one month before the lapse of the ITV authentication and this does not influence the expiry date of the current ITV. So for instance, if your current ITV is expected to lapse on the 31st of December, you can have an ITV done on the first of December. In the event that the vehicle passes, the ITV will at present lapse on the 31st of December the next year as opposed to on the first.
- Tow Bars
In the event that you have to tow a trailer or procession you should have a tow bar fitted. These by and large come in two structures as either a settled ball snare or an evacuation ball lock. Having a tow bar introduced inaccurately can be perilous to yourself and other street clients, so establishment must be done effectively and by an affirmed carport.
Before 2011, tow bars were not ordered in Spain and were in this way just observed as an additional frill.
With regards to your ITV test, tow bars can be a main problem on the off chance that they have not been industrial facility fitted by the producer or an approved carport. On the off chance that you do have a tow bar fitted to your vehicle, it should be incorporated on the Fichas Tecnicas report.
On the off chance that you will have one fitted, ensure that you get it fitted at an endorsed and guaranteed carport and ensure that you hold the majority of the documentation so this can be introduced amid your ITV test whenever required.
On the off chance that you purchase a vehicle that has one fitted, you will need to ensure that all desk work is all together and that it has been fitted by an approved carport. On the off chance that you don’t expect to utilise the tow bar, you could generally simply have it evacuated preceding taking the ITV test.
We have known about individuals in Spain taking their vehicle in for an ITV test, just to have it flop because of an absence of documentation with respect to the tow bar or not had it fitted by an affirmed carport.
- Foreign Vehicles
Outside vehicles can have the I.T.V test done yet will be issued with a ‘Deliberate Certificate’. The ITV station will likewise not issue a sticker for the windscreen, but rather the testament itself will fill in as evidence that the vehicle is roadworthy.
It is essential to note however that under Spanish law this isn’t classed as a substantial ITV! A specialised examination endorsement is just substantial when done in the nation of enlistment.
A vehicle that doesn’t have a legitimate ITV is illicit. It may not be protected to drive out and about and may likewise negate any protection cover.
As a rule, an outside vehicle must have a lawful ITV/MOT in the nation in which it was enlisted. A remote vehicle can have a full and lawful ITV in Spain just on the off chance that it has been accurately imported and has been exchanged to Spanish plates. You can peruse increasingly about this by means of our Importing a Car or Other Vehicle Into Spain. On the off chance that you are driving your UK enrolled vehicle in Spain, you might need to peruse our other article, Driving Your UK Registered Car In Spain and The Dangers of Driving a UK Car in Spain
Essential: If a vehicle is in Spain for over a half year it is viewed as forever imported and should be re-enrolled on Spanish plates.
Vital Changes to the ITV Test from twentieth May 2018
- Restoring your ITV – You would now be able to recharge your ITV as long as multi month ahead of time and the future reestablishment date won’t change. So if your ITV test reestablishment date was the fifteenth of July and you took it on the first of July, your restoration date would remain the fifteenth of July and NOT the first of July.
- Foreign ITV’s – Previously when bringing a vehicle into Spain, you would have need to take a Spanish ITV test. Presently, the current ITV/MOT of the vehicle will be acknowledged by the Spanish specialists as long as the vehicle is roadworthy.
- Progressively Stringent Checks for Diesel Vehicles – Due to ongoing disclosures with significant vehicle manufactuers, for example, VW and Audi concealing the genuine discharges of their diesel vehicles. Testing stations will presently have the indicative gear to associate with the locally available PC and check the outflows of the vehicle. They will likewise have the capacity to tell if the framework has been messed with.
- Crackdown on Vehicles Without ITV – Road traffic cameras will currently be able to check by means of a focal database whether a vehicle has an ITV or not. On the off chance that it doesn’t, the proprietor will get an underlying cautioning. Whenever recorded a second time, the proprietor will naturally be sent a fine.
- Valuable vocabulary to help you while getting an I.T.V test
Headlights – Los faros
Backdrop illuminations – Luces traseras
Brake lights – Luces de los frenos
Mist Lights – Faros antiniebla
Left – Izquierda
Right – Derecha
Hand Brake – Freno de mano
Guiding wheel – Volante
Windscreen wipers – Limpia para brisas
Markers – Intermitente
Dangers – Cuatro intermitentes
Turn around lights – Marcha atrás
It’s important that if your Spanish isn’t excessively great and taking your vehicle for an ITV here in Spain fills you with dread, there are a number expat carports all over the nation that will be very much satisfied to take the vehicle to the ITV test place for you. For a little charge obviously!
In the event that you discovered this article valuable, if you don’t mind share it with your family and companions utilising our online life catches.